Do I need to include receipts with the TER?

Yes. You need to include itemized receipts for all expenses, except meals and incidentals expenses (M&IE), regardless of the amount.

For meals and incidentals expenses (M&IE), you must include an official copy of the per diem rate from either the GSA (link is external) or US Department of State's (link is external) website.

What is the turnaround time for reimbursement?

Turnaround time is 30 days from the date we receive everything that a TER must include.

What types of expenses go under miscellaneous expenses?

Miscellaneous expenses include charges such as:  conference registration fees, baggage fees, foreign exchange fees,  visa/passport fees, vaccination fees etc.

Do I account for my travel advance on the TER?

Yes. You must include the travel advance on the TER.  If you owe AAAS money you must include a check with your TER in order to  clear this travel advance. Please note no further advances will be  provided unless the current travel advance has been cleared.

What needs to be included in my TER for a timely reimbursement?

  • Travel approval from Travel/Training Approval System.
  • Car rental approval (if you requested this).
  • Airfare receipt (Concur).
  • Boarding passes. 
  • Itemized hotel folio and hotel receipt, receipts ground transportation, misc. expenses.
  • Printed Per Diem Rate from each local you visited (GSA (link is external) for US travel and US Department of State (link is external) for International Travel).
  • Check if you owe AAAS money.
  • Proof of the exchange rate you are using ( (link is external)) (applicable to international travel).
  • Daily forms.
  • Google maps if you are asking for mileage reimbursement.
  • Travel advance form, if you received a travel advance for the trip.