Handshake resources related to event creation and management
- How to create an event (for premium): https://support.joinhandshake.com/hc/en-us/articles/360024368993-How-to-Create-an-Event
- Video: how to create an event (for premium): https://support.joinhandshake.com/hc/en-us/articles/360035467274-Video-How-to-Create-an-Event
- Events and career fairs overview (for premium & non-premium accounts): https://support.joinhandshake.com/hc/en-us/sections/204176357-Events-Career-Fairs
Navigate to Events
Once you have logged in click "Create an Event" quick button in upper-right.
Create New Event
Enter the following details about your event:
- Event Name
- On-campus (e.x. campus information session)
- Off-campus (e.x. Bay Area Mixer alongside AGU)
- Virtual (e.x. Live Chats)
- Host School / Registration URL (depending on event format)
- Start and end date
- Start time
- Event description
- Featured people w/pictures and bios (staff and fellows)
You can review past events as templates for what to include in future events.
For on-campus events you are submitting a request to the career center. They will get back to you with approval for your event. For off-campus and virutal events there is no career center approval for your event. You are the host!
View and Edit Existing Events
When logged in on your home page, navigate to left-hand menu. Select “events” under "Campus". It will take you to this page where you can view all events - past and present. You can sort and filter events. You can also click "Request Event" to create a new event from this page.